|Dear Parents and Guardians of Dock Street 7th grade students,Admissionsquad is offering a make-up Diagnostic Specialized High School Admissions Test (DSHSAT) on Tuesday, November 9th, promptly at 2:30 PM. Students who did not take the test on Monday, October 25th, will have the chance to take it this Tuesday.This exam will grant your child a realistic measure of their preparedness for the competitive HS entrance exam. We expect this score will provide your family with insight into the next steps for getting ready for admissions into NYC’s top public high schools. We at AdmissionSquad are pleased to facilitate this mock SHSAT for your child and will provide a detailed score report for your review once the exam is taken. Thank you for your prompt attention, and we hope to meet you in the future.Please click on the link below to confirm that you would like your child to participate in this in-school diagnostic test. Do not fill out the form if you have already signed up.https://forms.gle/zs6GM58PF8D2Jykz7 Important Information regarding the AdmissionSquad Program:|
- Diagnostic Testing Date, Tuesday, November 9th at 2:30 PM
- Your child must score a 350 or higher to get into the program which will officially begin on January 25th.
- If your child does not meet the minimum qualifying score, they will need to attend the bridge program to gain additional foundational skills and test again
- Bridge Program will run, Tuesdays from 2:30 PM – 4:45 PM 8 sessions: 11/16, 11/23, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, and 1/4
- Final Diagnostic will be on Tuesday, January 18th at 2:30 PM in order to enter the Spring program
- The official AdmissionSquad Spring Enrichment program begins January 25th and runs through May 26th.
SHSAT Test Prep is an extensive enrichment program designed for high-performing 6th and 7th graders, allowing them to take the SHSAT in 8th grade. Admission into the specialized high schools is based solely on this one exam, the SHSAT. The specialized high schools are the following: Stuyvesant, Bronx Science, Brooklyn Tech, Brooklyn Latin, High School of Math, Science and Engineering at City College (HSMSE), American Studies at Lehman, Staten Island Tech, and Queens Science at York College. AdmissionSquad prepares middle schoolers (and their parents) for the process through test prep, application counseling, academic enrichment, and high-quality mentorship. AdmissionSquad’s mission is to ensure that all New Yorkers, regardless of race or economic status, have an opportunity to attend New York City’s top public high schools. AdmissionSquad Team and Dock Street PTA